Confession of a BAD Mom

by - 3:27:00 PM

I am a mom that is far from perfection. I mean, who is anyways? 
It is the weekend as I am writing this and I came across the movie "Bad Moms". It was hella funny and eye-opening too. If you're a parent and haven't watched it, I recommend you to do it now.. I can relate to them more than a hundred times! That's where I got the idea of posting this. :)

Being a mother can be so rewarding yet so exhausting (at times!). 




If you look at our home, there are socks with missing pairs, toynado (toy tornado :P) everywhere and oftentimes Play-dohs on the floor.




You can hear me raise my voice and sometimes scream, not at my son but scream because I need to let it out.
YES. I am a BAD MOM.

Here are my FIVE confessions and juiciest secrets being a "Bad"
mom:

1. I let my child watch a horror movie scene once, he totally got scared (of course) and I told him that he''ll turn into that monster if he won't let me cut his nails-- peacefully, without running and whining.

2. I let him watch Television even when it's past bedtime when I am in the mood for binge-watching series. Just so I can be alone.

3. My son drinks soda and eat junk foods. Moderately.

4. If he doesn't like our food for that day, I always give him sweets and tell him he can eat it after. Aftermath: Sugar rush.



5. And the juiciest secret that I have- Whenever I have a food that I love or is my favorite, whether it's a chocolate or chips, I ask my son to go up to our room and play while I munch it on the bathroom. :P

I have read and heard a lot of parenting advice. You should do this, you shouldn't do that. But real talk? We may differ in the way we raise our kids, but that doesn't lessen the fact that we love them more than our lives. We STILL LOVE them even when they're being a brat, whining, lazy or grumpy. As long as they are disciplined, happy and far from danger, we're doing it right. :)
Being a bad mom sometimes doesn't mean you're failing at parenting.
It might not be the same approach as the others, what's important is that we raise them the way that we want them to be- a fine lady and a gentleman.

Always remember- It's normal for us to be mad, sad, anxious, tired and all those emotions we may feel.

I am so blessed that I have my parents to guide me and help me raise my son.

I have a lot to learn and to improve on but that's what makes us humans. There are no perfect people and we should always have room for improvements. Stop comparing. Their childhood is a journey we should enjoy and not a race.



To all the Moms (and Dads), we're all doing a great job! :)

Credits to owner



Love,


You May Also Like

0 comments