Change The Way You See Friendship

by - 3:45:00 AM




I grew up hiding my problems to my parents. I feel awkward when they ask me about personal things about me. I always choose my friends to spend most of my time with. They knew a lot about me more than my parents. 

But everything changed when I became a mother 4 years ago. My perspective with the true meaning of friendship changed.


Back in 2012, one typical night, I put my son to sleep. As always, I watch him as he sleep peacefully  like an angel. I was a newbie mom. There are a lot of thoughts running in my mind. That's when I realized I want to be my son's best friend


I want him to open up his problems to me no matter how small or big they are. I want to spend most of my time with him. I want to be involved most especially during the highlights of his life. I want to give him advice about love and his future crushes and girlfriends. I want to be there and comfort him on his first heartbreak. I want him to be comfortable on telling me his thoughts or anything that's bothering him.




Then I remembered my parents. Yes, we go out a lot but most of time I am busy and on my phone chatting with my friends. I realized that they are already reaching out and wanted to catch up on my life as much as I wanted to be involved with my son's life.  

Fast forward to now, I became more open to my parents. Letting them know what's happening and involving them especially when making decisions. It is awkward at first but- I haven't thought that they are as cool as I am too! 









We travel, dine out but this time cellphones are off limits... except when taking selfies. My family is a certified selfie addict. So when I heard about the new Huawei P9, I got so excited because its camera is co-engineered with Leica. It has dual lenses that produces high quality photos and allow users to take amazing monochrome, slo-mo, colored, light painting photos among others. I couldn’t wait to use it and take more pictures of me and my family bonding moments. Huawei P9 can really "Change the Way You See Mobile Photography".

We are often busy growing up, we forget our parents are also growing old. Reach out to them, make memories even in the simplest way we can. It will surely make them feel loved and valued. No matter what happens, they will never judge you and leave you. 




It is never too late to be friends with our kids especially with our dear parents with limitations of course. :)
I lost lots of friends along the way as I became busy with my mommy duties. They have their own busy lives too. But our parents lost theirs too. Make them feel they still have a friend in you. ♥



See you on my next post, loves!
Until then,






You May Also Like

0 comments